Adding a link to a PDF on your site may be a little confusing, but think of a PDF as a separate page on the site. So basically you're just linking to another page.
- Go to the page you wish to add the link to and enter the edit mode
- If you are adding a new link, type the text you want to be the link and select it. If you are editing an existing link, just click anywhere in the link text.
- Click the link button (the one that looks like a chain)
- If you know the address of the PDF, enter it in the "Link URL" field. Otherwise, click the browse icon to the right of the field.
- If you're adding a new file, take a look at the filename you plan to upload. Since this will be seen by people getting the file, it should be a simple non-cryptic file name that makes sense for people seeing it on their computer after they've downloaded it
- This is how you select the PDF to link to:
- If the file is not on the server already, click the "Browse..." button to select the file on your hard drive, then click "Upload File".
- Then select the file on the list on top and click "add".
- If the file is not on the server already, click "Upload", click the "Browse..." button to select the file on your hard drive, then click "Upload File".
- Make sure the file is selected and its name will appear in the lower right hand box of this window.
- Click the name in the lower right hand box to add it to your page
- Now you'll see the "Link URL" field has been filled in.
- Click the update button to save the changes.
- Now you will be back to your page. If you are done editing, click "save" to save the page and you should be all set.